Foam cutting?

cnc-club.ru for English speaking users
narvf
Кандидат
Контактная информация:

Foam cutting?

Сообщение narvf »

Is there any chance to generate toolapth for cutting in foam? In and out moves on the same toolpath for let's say cutting inside letters or circles. Tool have to go in and go out on the same path to not destroy original shapes. It can be drawn manually i think - but ther is a lot of drawing same lines - one on each other.
WhiteMask
Опытный
Контактная информация:

Re: Foam cutting?

Сообщение WhiteMask »

Hello, when the string is held in one place twice, it is the second race is almost does not burn foam. It is enough to have a small feedrate and minimum temperature. In order to write the toolpath not necessarily do it manually, try using for the beginning of a very simple program Dev Foam.
Best regards.
WMMARKET.COM.UA 3D принтеры и аксессуары. Услуги 3Dпечати до 20мкм
narvf
Кандидат
Контактная информация:

Сообщение narvf »

Ok. Thanks will try this software.
There is no any plugin for inkscape (g code tools) for generating toolpath for foam?
WhiteMask
Опытный
Контактная информация:

Сообщение WhiteMask »

Unfortunately not, to generating G-code is not a large selection of software, there are programs Foamworks, Profili, but they are more suitable for cutting model aircraft. In this forum, there is a plugin to Incspase for milling machines, it may be useful to you. How many axes at your machine?
WMMARKET.COM.UA 3D принтеры и аксессуары. Услуги 3Dпечати до 20мкм
narvf
Кандидат
Контактная информация:

Сообщение narvf »

I will be converting my old diy cnc router to foam cutter - it will have 2 axes only :) I use linux cnc with this machine. Basically i know how to generate simple g codes - so it should not be a problem. I was curiuos if there is any free or plugin for inkscpae solution. I use gcodetools plugin sometimes for generating gcodes - so i will handle this i hope so. But when i will have let;s say 10 object it willf be difficult to draw manually and in and out moves for the string to go inside a shape "o" for example.
Nick
Мастер
Заслуга: Developer
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

narvf писал(а): willf be difficult to draw manually and in and out moves for the string to go inside a shape "o" for example.
Two ways:
first - do not care of it, you will have to glue some cuts anyway. :)
second - split one node of each path to two separate nodes and connect them one by one into one chain
third - add M1/M0 code into code after path to be able to extract your part, that have been just cut out.
Ответить

Вернуться в «English forum»