tool error

cnc-club.ru for English speaking users
roteng

tool error

Сообщение roteng »

When using the extension after setting the parameters, I get an error when trying to make the gcode.

Can not find tool for 'None' layer! Please add one with Tools library tab!

Strange thing there is no 'None' layer, and then using the tools library tab, it says a tool already assigned to the layer. What am I missing???
Nick
Мастер
Заслуга: Developer
Контактная информация:

Re: tool error

Сообщение Nick »

None layer is a "root layer". It's a group over all layers. Move your paths to one of the existing layers (Ctrl+Shift+ PageUp/PageDown) and every thing will be ok.
roteng

Сообщение roteng »

Thanks, your code is amazing. There were 2 paths that were not on the only layer in the project. Once I moved them onto the named layer, the error went away, and the gcode was created.

Thanks again,

Lee
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

You are welcome :)!
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello Nick,

Could you explain a little the relation between the diameter tool and the z depth in orientation point?

I said that because I want to engrave a text and a simple drawing . I have a Z depth=- 0,1mm in orientation points and a Cone cutter diameter= 0,3 mm. I go to engrave and the G code have different z depths from - 0.3 mm I set the Diameter tool = 0,1 mm and the new G code have the Z depth I want = 0,1 mm

Regards.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Engrave is little bit complicated.
What do you want to engrave with 0.3 mm bit?
Engrave is used to cut path's thing places and angles using shaped bit. So the outline of the cut will go exactly trough the path... so using engraving function it will penetrate material as much as it needed to get it cut. You can define maximum engraving distance, it will limit the penetration as well as decreasing bits diameter.

PS attach your SVG to be more clear.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello nick,

I want to engrave a PCB with single flute bit 60ª. http://www.cnc-plus.de/product_info.php ... -bits.html
It is a little gift . :)

Then It is better paths to g code? . I enclose the svg engrave file
I tried paths to G code the file is smaller than the Gcode engrave file. Paths to Gcode is faster than engrave.

Regards
Вложения
placa cristina.svg
(1.93 МБ) 1485 скачиваний
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Yes it's better to use path to g code for this path. You can not engrave such path with 0.3mm bit. Because the path is thicker than 1.5mm.

Engraving should cut internal of the path (if it's able to cut it with the bit), and path to gcode cuts path's outline.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello Nick,

Thanks for reply.

I did paths to code . The final work it is not very good because my machine have many backslash I will put a picture.

Regards.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Hi!

You can turn backlash compensation in EMC2 or Mach.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

HI!

I know in Mach but I do not know in EMC2. Where can I set ?
All the way is not exactly a problem of backslash. I have made the machine with a scanner for the y axis ,whit some woods parts ( rest of my kitchen furniture) :rasp: I do some base to put a full printer carriage support ( with the rod , belt ...) for the X axis :hammer: . Finally I ad a new printer carriage support in Y carriage for Z axis. :spanner:
Then I have backslash and accuracy problems in Z axis ( the belt moves by the weight and vibrations ) and the support of the Y and Z axis bend by the engraving force. :wtf:

I supposed that but I do for learn a little of electronic , programs ect....... and I am the happiest man in the world when look the axis movement. :D

Regards.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello NIck,

Hier is the picture.

Regards.
Вложения
Placa Cristina Picture (13885 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=1467&sid=5cc6968518a0fc3ed831e60919f873a0&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (565.17 КБ)</a>
Placa Cristina Picture
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

In the ini file you can define backlash for each axis.
In the sections [AXIS_x] set BACKLASH = value.

And even more in EMC2 you can set different backlash for different positions of the current axis using backlash compensation file...

According to the photo it seems that your machine lacks hardness. Probably if you set less depth per pass you can get better results. Letters look nasty :(.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello NIck

Wher is the ini file?
I see " my mill ini " in my miil file but I can see any backlash field to set

In reference to the letters I tried with 0,1 mm depth but the problems is that the z axis when go down and up with the vibrations lost the position. I did another work with a cylindrical used mill 0.8 mm. The letters are a little bit better but the mill engrave without depth.

What can I do in the letters to achieve a bigger inside ?

Regards.
Вложения
wit a used cylindrical mill (13791 просмотр) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=1471&sid=5cc6968518a0fc3ed831e60919f873a0&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (555.01 КБ)</a>
wit a used cylindrical mill
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Just add a string to AXIS_2 section:
BACKLASH = 1.1
1.1 - example value.

To get letters thicker you can try to cut them twice, or cut their area using Area function to create paths and Path to gcode to convert them to Gcode.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello Nick,

I mean a wider space beetwen the paths in the same letter, because they are very close.

Regards
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

emmmmm... Use another font :roll: ?
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello nick,
I tried with Arial, Arial black and Andale( I am not sure of this last) and I do not see the difference.

In other way I saw in the forum that you have build different home cnc machines . I said saw because I tried to read but the Russian-Spanish google translator is very bad.
Which type have you at this moment?
What type do you recommend? in order to build a better machine.

Regards.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

After some years of making almost useless machinese I came up with idea that it's better to buy a machine, not to build it at home, especially if you do not have access to metal working machines lathes and mills.

One of the most important part of the machine is rails. They are hard to make at home. I saw some machines made of wood with professional linear rails, and they seemed to work really good. But rails cost a lot.

First of all you should think of all the purposes of you machine, and then look for the realization. There are a lot of hobby-level machine kits, that cost about $1000-1500. I spend about $1000 on my last machine and I do not satisfied with the result.
aguseguedre
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение aguseguedre »

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your sincerity . I spend about 100 euros in electronic parts. I have some access to metal working machine at work; welding, old lathe ( with centred problems) however I did at home using very simple tools and old printed parts because I knew how difficult is to do something good. Too the printeer part are free :D
I would like something small type A4 format measures.
What do you think of this ball screw and rails?
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-ballscrews-3-sets ... 1024wt_950

Regards.
Ответить

Вернуться в «English forum»