cnc-club.ru for English speaking users
Nick
Мастер
Заслуга: Developer
Контактная информация:

Re: custom tool definition

Сообщение Nick »

Now I get it :)!

You task is more like raster images not vector... Probably it will be easier to make a little script which will make all the work from a raster image... Because filling of objects with non square shapes could be difficult in vector drawing... Or they will be filled with straight lines instead of some smooth shapes...
badger
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение badger »

It is a bit of a different type of project. It may make sense to work in raster or bit map images but wouldn't vectors have to be generated at some point for CNC control? Check out the video http://www.wilcom-autotuft.com/video-ga ... otuft.html which is my project on steroids. The type of yarn I want to use is made by a small non-profit mill, http://moravalleyspinningmill.com, and spun from locally raised nvajo-churro sheep and is sometimes a little on the chunky side so if you go too fast you crash hard. Any way I don't have a few hundred thousands dollars to spend on hobby / small business.
tooshka
Почётный участник
Почётный участник
Настоящее имя: Андрей
Контактная информация:

Сообщение tooshka »

badger писал(а):I have made a video of some of the basic rug making process as it applies to my problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOX1uZnB ... e=youtu.be

I think I maybe should have made it a little lower resolution to load faster but live and learn, its my first attempt at youtube.
Beautiful. Ingeniously simple. Need to control the height of the needle. Variable relief!
Милая, ты услышь меня
под окном стою со своим я ЧПУ! (Протяжно; с надрывом; форте)
Внимание!!! Чрезмерное увлечение ЧПУ приводит к проблемам в семейных отношениях!
Nick
Мастер
Заслуга: Developer
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Ok, let's use vector graphics :)

=============
This motor is used only for rotate along A axis???
Вложения
Снимок-5.png (16071 просмотр) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=10649&sid=72d63629628c2c322ebdc94805296a2f&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (492.05 КБ)</a>
badger
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение badger »

I haven't made too much effort to reverse engineer the videos but I will try to in the future. One thing to keep in mind is that the needle mechanism that I am using is a little different and simpler than theirs. They actually have some knife cutting and yarn blowing mechanisms to to handle multiple yarns at once and to produce a cut pile vs a loop pile. There are probably three motors in the head. The big motor probably controls the large wheel with the connecting arm that pushes the needle parts. The other motor you see probably is for the vertical movement of the head along which ever axis it is, either X or Y. There is probably a third motor hidden for the rotation of the needle about the A axis.

Even if you have no interest in rugs the machine is pretty fascinating to watch. Some of the other videos on their site are interesting for lovers of machines.
Ответить

Вернуться в «English forum»