How to use gcodetool extension in inksacpe ?

cnc-club.ru for English speaking users
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

How to use gcodetool extension in inksacpe ?

Сообщение chaudhary »

Hi,

it's greate tool to create gcode . i am using emc2 for engraving and cutting. I have spend time for finding document in english language. i got pdf file but in rasian langaguage.
From where i got document in eng. language.
Nick
Мастер
Заслуга: Developer
Контактная информация:

Re: How to use gcodetool extension in inksacpe ?

Сообщение Nick »

What are going to make?

PS here are some docs, most of them are referred to older versions, but the changes from version to version are not to big: http://cnc-club.ru/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 4688#usage

And there are two video tutorials from fizgig: Video Tutorials #1
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

Thanks for reply. actually we work on Laser cutting and engraving machine with laser source using emc2 on linux platform. But i am new in gcode. i am using gcodetool extension in inkscape on linux. but less of gcode knowledge i need your help for understand whole gcode tool functionality.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Simple Path to Gcode seems to be enough for your machine.

For laser cutter, I may only suggest using Remove Z post-processor (or custom one regexp("G0?(0|1)\s*Z\s*[\-0-9\,\.]+.*", "(removed Z)"); ).
It will remove all moves along Z axis.
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

from where i can remove z Post-processor . can u explain step by step. i am using version 1.7 of gcodetools.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Preferences tab - Additional post processor - paste there this string:
regexp("G0?(0|1)\s*Z\s*[\-0-9\,\.]+.*", "(removed Z)");
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

as per your reply i do but i face problem. i have attach screenshot. please check it.
Вложения
Add string here..!! (17212 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6060&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (167.73 КБ)</a>
Add string here..!!
Error display (17212 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6062&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (198.51 КБ)</a>
Error display
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

It seems that regexp function is invoked only in dev version...
The way you can get it is described over here: http://cnc-club.ru/forum/viewtopic.php? ... st_version

---------
UPD: Upss it should be regex, not regexp so :
regex("G0?(0|1)\s*Z\s*[\-0-9\,\.]+.*", "(removed Z)");
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

yes now remove z from gcode. can i have your skype id. if you don't mind.

first write "Nick" Text on inkscape. in that i want to engraving all character. after engraving cut out boundary.

How could i generate gcode for above process.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Just put the text "above" the boundary.
How do you change laser power from cutting to engraving? By different feed or some other Gcodes?

PS I do not have skype. Just do not have time for it...
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

I did not understand above boundary.

Sorry but actually i also do not know how to change laser power from cutting to engraving. i am so confused please guide me in right direction.

Write now i can mark from my emc2 and laser control with spindle from GUI of emc2.
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Then it's easy, if you are controlling laser power using Spindle speed, just add S1234 string to Gcode where 1234 - desired value.

Considering Gcodetools, you can place engraving path and cutting boundary on different layers and add tools definition on each layer. Then put Sxxx into Tools change Gcode. (You can edit tools parameters by using text tool (F8))
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

I am doing engraving step by step. may i know is this correct. i mention all step in below.

Step 1. first Write 'A' character in inkscape
Step 2. Select orientation point from gcodetool here i am select orientation type is '2 point mode' here my setting is ZSurface = 10 ,z depth is = 0.0 and unit is =mm
Step 3. select tool library in that i have select default Tool Type.
Step 4. After that do object to path from inkscape
Step 5. After that i have apply engraving. i have attach my engraving settings screenshot.(see i do not understand those options)
Step 6. My result is not good check finalresult.png file from attachment
Вложения
engravingtab1.png (17195 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6075&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (217.29 КБ)</a>
engravingtab2.png (17195 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6076&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (191.73 КБ)</a>
engravingtab3.png (17195 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6077&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (204.9 КБ)</a>
finalresult.png (17195 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6078&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (183.71 КБ)</a>
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

Engraving is not a function for laser. It was made to make engravings with shaped mill's bits (for example conic bit). It makes non constant Z trajectory to cut interior of the path.

For laser engraving, if you want to "cut" out path's interior you should fill the path with trajectories. You can try Fill area from Area. But you'll have to define really small depth.

In fact laser Engraving is not easy thing, most of times special hardware controller is needed. It's that because if you want to get clean engraving you have to control laser power very fast (up to 1 time per stepper step at max speed). Which is not easy even for LinuxCNC. There's some hacks how you can do it, but I've not tried any of them (my laser tube seems to be broken, so I'm unavailable to make the tests, and I have no time ti buy a new one.)

So... Try fill area with Zig-Zag filling (Adjust fill angle ti match your fastest axis). And send us your results :)!
chaudhary
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Сообщение chaudhary »

Hi,

I have attach one png file in attachment , it's made from inkscape. You can see one ellipse and inside ellipse one circle drawing. Now i want to cut ellipse out boundary and just mark circle inside ellipse as per drawing with fast feed rate.

So how could i generate gcode using gcodetool. from inkscape.
Вложения
Screenshot-3.png (17148 просмотров) <a class='original' href='./download/file.php?id=6179&sid=db6eb5a28009f86ddf3aa87ef9cac186&mode=view' target=_blank>Загрузить оригинал (152.39 КБ)</a>
Nick
Мастер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nick »

So you want to cut insede circle at fast feed rate and one depth and outside one with another feed rate and depth?

If yes - just put the circles into different layers, add orientation points and tools definitions to each layer and define needed feed rates and depth parameters.

There's a video how to do it, but it's in Russian...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MqK0wVcBB4
Ответить

Вернуться в «English forum»