Orientation points wrong in inkscape 0.92

cnc-club.ru for English speaking users
jimwelmhurst
Новичок
Настоящее имя: Jim Williams
Контактная информация:

Orientation points wrong in inkscape 0.92

Сообщение jimwelmhurst »

Thanks for this wonderful set of tools, Nick!

In inkscape 0.92, orientation points are located incorrectly. (They're fine in 0.91.) If I say to set up in mm, the right hand point is marked as 100, but it's physically located at X=354.3mm. In 0.92 they changed DPI from 90 to 96, but that doesn't explain this error.

The good news is that by double clicking into the orientation point object, selecting the right hand sub object, and setting its X coordinate at 100 (or whatever), it works correctly, and gcode generation works fine.

Is this a problem in the orientation point script or in inkscape? I've seen a couple of bugs reported about this (and found the workaround of moving the right hand point in one of those posts).

Thanks again for all your good work!

Jim
MiEquiZ
Новичок
Настоящее имя: Miguel Equihua
Контактная информация:

Re: Orientation points wrong in inkscape 0.92

Сообщение MiEquiZ »

Thank you very much for the development GCodeTools. I Like it very much and find it very useful for my little CNC. With the installation of version 0.92 of Inkscape I was suffering the mysterious displacement of orientation points but finally, this is what I did and with it, the drawings are showing right for me and the GCode is coming out with the specified dimensions. I am referring to Inkscape installation of ver. 0.92.2 (windows x64)

1. In the gcodetools.py file (in: "Inkscape\share\extensions" directory in Windows), at lines 5859 (case of units in mm) & 5863 (case of units in inches) I did the following changes:
lineHasChange to
5859orientation_scale = 3.5433070660orientation_scale = 1
5863orientation_scale = 90orientation_scale = 25.4
That was it!

Then, I also noticed that

2. The page template should specify the viewbox in mm like this (for a landscape letter size page), otherwise the arrow points are of any size (huge in my case) and any place:

Код: Выделить всё

viewBox="0 0 279.4 215.9"
I noticed that all that I have to take care of is that the scale should be 1.0 if display units are mm and 25.4 if set to inches.

With this fixes I am again up and running, but perhaps a more thorough check of what is going on with this issue in ver. 0.92 is needed, so please have a look at it.
Ответить

Вернуться в «English forum»